Current version: RecollX Professional for Skype 220.127.116.11
You had your say!
Skype/Microsoft: Provide continued support for third party Skype utilities that have become mission critical to Skype’s users
Thank you to all those in the Skype community who contributed to the petition and the Skype community forums.
As a result, Advansys is working on a RecollX update to support newer versions of the Skype for Windows client.
The Advansys RecollX Team
We have a long list of features planned for RecollX and your feedback can help shape the future priorities for new and enhancing existing features. Please register your suggestions by using the RecollX feedback form.
- Archive creation requires the Skype for Windows Desktop Client between 18.104.22.168 and versions released prior to the end of 2013. While RecollX will work with earlier versions of Skype 5, certain data cannot be archived which may be used for advanced features in future RecollX versions. Due to Skype’s decision in July 2013 to remove their Desktop API, upon which RecollX and many other products are built, RecollX will not work with Skype for Windows Desktop versions released after the end of 2013.
- Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3 or above.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, Version 4.0 or above.
- Microsoft Windows Installer.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader for the user guide.
Obtaining the Microsoft .NET Framework
The Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Web Installer can be downloaded from:
The stand-alone installer is available from:
The Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded from:
Installation and Removal
- The Microsoft .NET 4.0 Client Framework is required for RecollX operation. While it is pre-installed on most modern systems, the RecollX installer will advise you if it cannot find the Microsoft .NET 4.0 Client Framework and provide download links.
- To install RecollX, execute the installer file and follow the prompts.
- You can uninstall RecollX via the standard Windows Add or Remove Programs facility.
Starting RecollX for the first time
- With your Skype client running and logged into the account you wish to archive, double-click the RecollX icon on the desktop.
- After installing a new RecollX version and before you can use it for archiving, you will need to allow RecollX to Allowing RecollX to access Skype enables RecollX to communicate with Skype and archive your valuable history.access Skype.
- In Skype’s default view mode, Skype will display an “Allow access” button at the top of the main Skype window.
- In Skype’s compact view mode, Skype will display a separate pop-up window.
- Click “Allow access” to allow RecollX to work with Skype.
- Once RecollX is connected to Skype, you can archive the active Skype account.
I selected “Deny access” accidentally. How do I “Allow access” for RecollX?
If you selected Deny access and you wish to allow RecollX access to Skype, please follow the steps below.
- Open the Skype Options dialog using the Tools | Options menu entry.
- In the Skype Options dialog, click on the Advanced entry on the left hand side of the dialog.
- On the Advanced settings page, click on the link Manage other programs’ access to Skype.
- From the Manage API Access Control dialog, highlight the RecollX.exe entry and choose Change.
- Select the option Allow this program to use Skype and press OK.
- Press OK on the remaining dialog and then Save to dismiss the Options dialog.