Current version: RecollX Professional for Skype 188.8.131.52
We have a long list of features planned for RecollX and your feedback can help shape the future priorities for new and enhancing existing features. Please register your suggestions by using the RecollX feedback form.
Limit of one free license per person. The weekly winner of the Advansys RecollX Professional 1.0 for Skype single license will be notified by the email address supplied in the download form. Advansys reserves the right to modify these terms & conditions without notice. Back
- Archive creation requires Skype for Windows Client 184.108.40.206 or above. While RecollX will work with earlier versions of Skype 5, certain data cannot be archived which may be used for advanced features in future RecollX versions.
- Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3 or above.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, Version 4.0 or above.
- Microsoft Windows Installer.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader for the user guide.
Obtaining the Microsoft .NET Framework
The Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Web Installer can be downloaded from:
The stand-alone installer is available from:
The Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded from:
Installation and Removal
- The Microsoft .NET 4.0 Client Framework is required for RecollX operation. While it is pre-installed on most modern systems, the RecollX installer will advise you if it cannot find the Microsoft .NET 4.0 Client Framework and provide download links.
- To install RecollX, execute the installer file and follow the prompts.
- You can uninstall RecollX via the standard Windows Add or Remove Programs facility.
Starting RecollX for the first time
- With your Skype client running and logged into the account you wish to archive, double-click the RecollX icon on the desktop.
- After installing a new RecollX version and before you can use it for archiving, you will need to allow RecollX to Allowing RecollX to access Skype enables RecollX to communicate with Skype and archive your valuable history.access Skype.
- In Skype’s default view mode, Skype will display an “Allow access” button at the top of the main Skype window.
- In Skype’s compact view mode, Skype will display a separate pop-up window.
- Click “Allow access” to allow RecollX to work with Skype.
- Once RecollX is connected to Skype, you can archive the active Skype account.
I selected “Deny access” accidentally. How do I “Allow access” for RecollX?
If you selected Deny access and you wish to allow RecollX access to Skype, please follow the steps below.
- Open the Skype Options dialog using the Tools | Options menu entry.
- In the Skype Options dialog, click on the Advanced entry on the left hand side of the dialog.
- On the Advanced settings page, click on the link Manage other programs’ access to Skype.
- From the Manage API Access Control dialog, highlight the RecollX.exe entry and choose Change.
- Select the option Allow this program to use Skype and press OK.
- Press OK on the remaining dialog and then Save to dismiss the Options dialog.